Saturday, November 04, 2006

I better watch out...

So I am up to my eyeballs in work today and the kids have been driving me BONKERS. It’s like they know when I’m stressed and just want to see what it’ll take to make me snap. Well, today it took Calvin smacking his sister on the back with a toy. I told him I was throwing his toy away because obviously, he was using if for evil and not good. He can no longer be trusted with said toy.

Well he had an absolute hissy fit. Stormed up to his room crying, screaming, stomping and wailing like a total Nancy. He was up there for a good 30-40 minutes frothing away. After a while he quietly tip-toes downstairs to deliver me a note written on his MagnaDoodle. I guess I'm just so glad he is expressing himself - it should cut down on the therapy bills later. Right?

7 comments:

angela said...

like... another note? or one for someone else?....

Shannon H. said...

Hmmm... I'm not sure - I think he meant he would leave Santa a note to confirm that I should indeed be on the 'naughty' list.

Apparently my son has deputized himself as St. Nick's right-hand-narc-elf.

angela said...

ah, well, i think santa double checks...
i sure hope so!

Anonymous said...

That is very funny, Shannon! You sure better watch out this Christmas! Sounds pretty harsh!
Let us know if you are coming up here at all this Christmas. Olivia needs to meet Olivia! (She has Calvin's old room- and Jake has your Olivia's room....)
You are missing out on a very snowy and icy 82nd Ave! I've been housebound all week (I'm going crazy very quickly!).

Carsen said...

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a looong time. Thanks for the good laugh.

Elisabeth said...

Oh yes! You better get nicer Shannon! For the sake of Christmas! :]

Michelle said...

I hadn't been to your blog until today. This post caused me to laugh histerically as I read it. Thanks for the laugh!!