Thursday, December 06, 2007

Using ALL my fingers...

Today is our 10 year wedding anniversary. I spent some of the day thinking about what I would do differently knowing what I know now. I wouldn't use that caterer who only spoke Latvian. I wouldn't have penciled in my already dark eyebrows. I would rethink the dress and definitely the shoes. I would have asked my brother to not bring that date. I would not have had that spare cooler stocked with beer under the groomsmen's table. I would've known that I shouldn't hire the guy with the navy limo. I would have paid more for the pictures and less for the flowers. I wouldn't hire an ex-boyfriend to be the DJ.

But one thing I would never ever change was the man I married. God is good. He has spared me from myself and blessed me with Gary as a partner in this life. It would take me forever to list his attributes and all that he is to me, and we have PLANS tonight... but for fits and giggles I thought I would leave you all with some pictures - 10 years later:


Yeah baby - it still fits (AND I'm bloated)!

She wanted to wear the 'leg thing' but she settled for the veil...

8 comments:

Ashly said...

you look stunning my friend!
hope you have a wonderful night!
happy anniversary :)

Angela said...

That's awesome!! There's no way I could fit into my wedding dress. That's impressive. Happy 10 year anniversary!! Have fun.

Michelle said...

That's awesome!! You were(and still are) a beautiful bride!

Bravo on fitting into your dress!! That is very impressive!

Have a great night.....(oh and don't feel the need to tell us about your PLANS)..... :)

angela said...

fabulous post! thanks for sharing.
and sorry about that dj. that really does sound like a poor choice!

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Well, the pictures did make me giggle!

I think you two are a pretty amazing couple.

God is good. Love, g

megan haug said...

happy 10 years!! uh oh, next year you'll have to start using the toes to count the anniversary years!

lovely pics!

Kathy Eden said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Hope it was wonderful! You are one of the very people I know that can fit into their wedding dress 10 years later...you go girl!!!

Amber said...

How aewsome to still fit into your wedding dress 10 years later. I can't say I would be able to, not to mention I don't know where that dress went. CONGRATS on 10 years! Jer & I celebrate 10 years on the 27th in MAUI!