Monday, December 08, 2008

A Look Back

This was one of my very first posts a couple of years ago. I recently found this picture and just had to post it again! (I know that recycling posts is totally cheating - but I've been a wee bit busy)

Enjoy:

********************************************************

So I am up to my eyeballs in work today and the kids have been driving me BONKERS. It’s like they know when I’m stressed and just want to see what it’ll take to make me snap. Well, today it took Calvin smacking his sister on the back with a toy. I told him I was throwing his toy away because obviously, he was using if for evil and not good. He can no longer be trusted with said toy.

Well he had an absolute hissy fit. Stormed up to his room crying, screaming, stomping and wailing like a total Nancy. He was up there for a good 30-40 minutes frothing away. After a while he quietly tip-toes downstairs to deliver me a note written on his MagnaDoodle. I guess I'm just so glad he is expressing himself - it should cut down on the therapy bills later. Right?


6 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember this and LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing it again! So,...the suspense is killing me....what did you get? Coal and rocks?

Amber said...

I needed a good laugh as I sit here on my computer trying to have a few minutes of quiet as both kids take turns coming into the kitchen about every 1-2 mintues seeing how much they can annoy me.

Hope and Rob said...

hehehe I remember this too! One of my all time favorites! Can't believe I've know you that long... where has time gone!!!!???? Merry Christmas!!!

Lena Just Lena said...

I love this! As a professional, I think it's great that he's expressing himself like that.

I have a counselor friend that told her sons growing up that 'well that's one more thing you can tell your (future) therapist'. It's a good line, I think I might save it and use it in the future.

Thanks for the giggle.

Lena

Salzwedel Family said...

Ha ha...that's a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon! How are things down there in California? Are you on Facebook, by chance? Just wanted to say hi. Are you coming up here anytime soon? I'd love to have you over sometime- I'll even CLEAN the house this time... and maybe shower! (That would be a HUGE improvement from the last time!!)
Greetings from your little house on 82nd Ave. (It told me it misses you)