Sunday, August 12, 2007

I am testing the waters here first.

I really, really, really want to post the following on the Three Angels website. Yet I am conflicted as to whether or not it would be considered too... snarky? ungrateful? cantankerous?

Your input is appreciated. Just not your Holiday Sweaters.

Things Three Angels does NOT need:
Fleece jackets, earmuffs, mittens, sweaters, thick footie sleepers, plush (i.e. disease bearing) animals or toys of any kind, video games and toys requiring batteries.


Thank you for your consideration.

(I'm a bit miffed that you cannot see their foreheads dripping with sweat. Okay - we actually 'staged' that - we misted them with water to try and get the effect of how HOT it is there. But note that You You had to bribe them with red vines to put those sweaters on!)



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Shannon...What if there is an unexpected snow storm :)

Sarah and Tim said...

What are red vines?

Michelle said...

I'm with Jamie, you really should be prepared!

Most people want to know what we need, in knowing what we need it's important to know what we don't need.

Fabulous models, by the way!!

Josh and Dail Sheridan said...

I'm dyin here...this is hysterical!
I would just use those sweaters to give them an idea of what they would wear in the cold cause they will get cold in indianna.

I think you should let people know in a loving gracious way that this sort of clothing would be of no use to the children ; )
Dail

Kathy Eden said...

I agree with all of the above! Yeah, they are going to need those sweaters in Indiana so you might want to hang onto them & we'll take them back with us when we bring our children home. :o)

angela said...

seriously! i really want to send things home and say, "from our orphanage to you!" or, "happy holidays! with love from your favorite caribbaen orphans!"

FLEECE?!! are you kidding me?!

red vines are licorice.

Angela said...

Too funny! Those are so ugly. That red one needs to go in the trash! Great facial expressions. Those Cundiff kids...

Kristina said...

Laughing!!!

I don't think there is anything wrong with stateing what you DON"T need! Go for it!

It could be people are geographically challenged like me and don't know Haiti is always hot. :o


Love the post and the models are cute too!