Sunday, July 15, 2007

Psalm 13:1-2



If we are being honest - being a Christian is a lonely prospect some days. This post by InternetMonk blew me away. How did he know?!?!

To read the full text (and it is worth it) click here.

"I miss you, God.

It’s like you’re not around.

I see your world. I’m with your people. I’m surrounded by books about you. I read about you and talk about you. I teach others about you.

But I miss you.

I believe you’re there. I believe the Bible. I believe in Jesus. I don’t doubt your existence at all.

I miss you.

You. Not your people, or songs about you or books about you. I miss you.

I don’t miss all the theology in the books, the blogs and the lectures. I don’t miss the points of all the sermons. Or the answers to questions.

I have all those. Far more than I need, to be honest. But when David says, “Why are you hiding from me?” I know exactly what he is talking about.

I’m missing you, God.

...keep reading

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...
i do & have felt this at times, like i'm in a long distance relationship.
i beleive it to be yet another reminder
of our longing for our eternal home with our
eternal papa.
tit1:2 faith & knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.

i also believe God has intended & uses his
believers to be there for one another, build each other up, encourage, edify, & admonish.
these are some ways He helps me thru these times.

Kristina said...

Thanks Shannon. I needed that more than you know!

Amber said...

great read shannon. Thanks for sharing, i really needed this. it was such a great read i posted it on my blog as well. awesome web site he has.