Sunday, January 27, 2008

February Trip to Three Angels

My next trip to Three Angels in Haiti will be on February 21st. I am hoping to get some instructional materials for our teachers there. Last October, thanks to the generosity of people like you, I was able to bring down anatomy forms, geometry manipulatives and a ton of classroom basics like paper, pencils, tape, scissors, etc. The teachers and the students were so excited to know that people in the US cared about them enough to be so generous!

I believe it is incredibly encouraging to our teachers to get some actual teaching materials that are simply not available in Haiti or beyond our budget. Imagine teaching in a partitioned classroom with only a chalkboard, a few shared textbooks, pencil and paper. I would LOVE to bless them with some of the following items:If you would like to procure and send any of these items please email me and I can give you my mailing address! (shannon@threeangelshaiti.org)

Some things to remember:
  • I will need your gifts by February 20th.
  • We have 335 students in Preschool - 6th grade.
  • Materials should not be dependent upon language (our kids speak Creole and are learning French)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Shannon,
I'm really interested in going to Haiti with you on one of your trips. When you have a bit of free time would you call me so I could get some info? If you don't have my phone number email me and Ill email it to you! Thanks...Amber