Sunday, October 14, 2007

Eye of the Needle

These are just some of the pictures from my last trip. I am so thankful to be able to share this experience - it can be difficult to explain to those who haven't been there. The people of Haiti have had an incredible impact on my perspective. I'm sure my friends will agree that you can never see things the same way again. Thanks for coming with me!



Hey please, just believe in me
Don't lose your hope so easily
Because passing through the eye of a needle
Isn't as easy as it sounds
For those like me

Nothing short of miracles
Can save a small and dying world
That offers no apologies
To lay their hopes and dreams asleep
But pray the Lord their goal to keep
But I still got a soul in me

-brandi carlile

9 comments:

Elisabeth said...

You're so right. Haiti is something that couldn't leave your heart even if you wanted it to! That was beautiful, Shannon!

LOOOVE that picture of Jacob hugging that woman!!!

angela said...

sweet pics! i love that one too. and the isaiah and mirlande one!

Ashly said...

simply beautiful! glad you were able to take more pictures this trip!!

megan haug said...

wow!!! AWESOME pictures!! love it!!

Angela said...

Great pictures Shannon!!!

Kathy Eden said...

I can't even find words to express what I want to say...and that's saying a lot :o) Awesome pictures Shannon!

Gail said...

Great pictures Shannon! I would love a copy of the one of Isaiah and Mirlande, so cute!!!

Jenny M. said...

Shannon!
You do an incredible job giving people a glimpse of what life is like there...these pictures are amazing!

Glad you had a great trip. Brian had a great time with all of you last weekend, hopefully we'll be down soon!

tandtknox said...

Shannon,

Every now and then I watch this again....makes me long to be back there. Visiting orphans is pure not only because it pleases God, but also because it's straight forward. It was a blessing to go, and I cannot wait to go back. The place, the children have taken residence in my heart.